About Me

My photo
I am a 30 year old stay-at-home mother of two from Michigan. I like to crochet, it relaxes me. I love to make new and different things!
Powered by Blogger.

Hit Counter



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

Saturday, September 17, 2011

ThunderCats: Cheetara Amigurumi

Things I learned this week:
1. Cheetara is really hard to make out of yarn.
2. My daughter LOVES Preschool.
3. Cheetara is really hard to make out of yarn. :)



My beautiful little girl started Preschool this week. She is a social butterfly, so I didn't have many doubts about how much she would love school. I thought it might be difficult since she has been at home with me since she was born, but she ventured out into the world and was such a big girl! The first day, I went with her dad to drop her off. She marched right into the classroom, sat at the circle time rug, and barely noticed we were still there. She gave us hugs and went right back to the rug to hear a story read by her teacher. I wanted to cry the entire way home, but surprisingly I didn't. I counted down the hours until I could pick her up. She loved school and couldn't wait to go back the next day. I was so proud of her.

One of the things she has been requesting for a long time was a Cheetara doll from ThunderCats. I guess that is an advantage to having a mommy who can make you fun stuff. :) Yes, G is a girly princess with a love of all things Pink, but for some reason she has an obsession with ThunderCats. She watched a few episodes with her daddy and was hooked. I don't get it and the show makes me nuts, but whatever. I bought G & her little brother E some foam swords from the dollar section in Target, and they pretend it's the "Sword of Omens" and have a blast. Anyway, G desperately wanted a Cheetara doll. I didn't know if I could pull it off, but I did the best I could. 



It was not easy and it took a few days, but G loved her and has slept with her at night & carried her around constantly. It is very challenging to make a person out of yarn and have it actually resemble them. I ran out of the Orange that I used to make her bodysuit, so I had to improvise with some Sharpies. I really don't know what I would do without Sharpies! They are one of the greatest inventions ever.




I am sure that creating an Amigurumi Justin Bieber doll is in my near future, but for now Cheetara will have to do! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment