About Me

My photo
I am a 30 year old stay-at-home mother of two from Michigan. I like to crochet, it relaxes me. I love to make new and different things!
Powered by Blogger.

Hit Counter



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Chinese Zodiac: Year of the Dragon

A customer asked me to create a dragon hat for a baby girl based on the Chinese Zodiac. She is going to be born soon which makes her the year of the Dragon. This hat was fun to make but also very challenging. The smaller the hat, the harder it is to fit all the details on there. This was my second attempt at the dragon hat, but I am happy with the way it came out.




I love when I get a chance to create something out of the ordinary! This hat didn't photograph as well as I hoped. It is even cuter in person! 

The yarn I used is a tweed yarn called "Sagey Tweed." It has speckles of colors in it. This hat was made for a baby girl, so I wanted it to be cute and girly instead of scary. Let's hope my customer likes it! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment