About Me

My photo
I am a 30 year old stay-at-home mother of two from Michigan. I like to crochet, it relaxes me. I love to make new and different things!
Powered by Blogger.

Hit Counter



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Buying Handmade

I struggle all the time with how much to charge for my items in my Etsy shop. Sometimes I think, "It's only made out of yarn." and I don't charge enough for it. Etsy and PayPal both charge small fees when someone buys your items, so I have to make sure I'm not getting the short end of the stick. While yarn is fairly inexpensive, the items I make have value. They are born from a little idea in my head, and I'd like to think that they are valuable to someone. Each item takes time and attention, and I wouldn't want to have to stop making these creations. I want them to bring joy to someone. 


Buying handmade items is great because you know that what you are getting is somewhat unique, since there aren't 500 more items just like it in a store somewhere. I found this great blog article about all the great reasons to buy handmade, and I highly recommend it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment