About Me

My photo
I am a 30 year old stay-at-home mother of two from Michigan. I like to crochet, it relaxes me. I love to make new and different things!
Powered by Blogger.

Hit Counter



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Just For Fun: Dolly

My daughter asked me to make a doll for her...and this is what I came up with. I don't have a pattern for it because I made it up on the spot!! I probably shouldn't have done that since I had requests for this doll after posting it on my Facebook page. 


She is made completely out of yarn, with button eyes, and stuffed with Poly-Fil. I ran out of the skin-colored yarn, so I had to make her arms Gray. Obviously I won't be doing that next time. :) This doll was really just a learning experience for me. I will try to perfect it and sell it on my Etsy page. 

After finishing the doll, my daughter mentioned that she wanted a ballerina doll, so I added the tutu and made ballet slippers that are removable. :) Genevieve named her "Dolly." She even slept with her last night and asked for her first thing in the morning! I think they'll be friends for life.

No comments:

Post a Comment