About Me

My photo
I am a 30 year old stay-at-home mother of two from Michigan. I like to crochet, it relaxes me. I love to make new and different things!
Powered by Blogger.

Hit Counter



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Harry Potter Amigurumi Doll

I have to admit that I've never seen a Harry Potter movie, and I've never read the books. I am not really into fantasy novels. However, I do know a lot of people who are fans. I decided to try to make a Harry Potter Amigurumi doll, because I wanted a challenge. It took a lot of Google Image searches, e-mails to my brother, and sweat and tears but I think Harry is pretty cute. :) 

 I made his coat removable, and underneath he is wearing his Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry uniform. 




His face and glasses were embroidered by hand. He even has the lightning bolt scar! His tie is made of yarn with felt stripes and collar. He has Blue safety eyes, and is stuffed with Polyester Fiberfill. 



I sold Harry on Etsy about an hour after I posted him. I realized later that I should have priced him higher, since you can't walk into a store and buy a Harry Potter doll. But, he will probably enjoy his new home in Texas and I'm glad all my hard work was not wasted. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment