About Me

My photo
I am a 30 year old stay-at-home mother of two from Michigan. I like to crochet, it relaxes me. I love to make new and different things!
Powered by Blogger.

Hit Counter



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Toy Story: Woody the Cowboy

 "You've got a friend in me
You've got troubles, well I've got 'em too
There isn't anything I wouldn't do for you
We stick together and we see it through
You've got a friend in me..."



My one year old son loves anything Toy Story related. He has all the movies, all the figurines, Toy Story sheets & comforter, stickers on his walls, clothes, etc. I haven't seen a bigger fan of something since my daughter went through her Abby Cadabby phase. I knew a very long time ago that I wanted to make an Amigurumi Woody doll, but I had to get the courage first. I knew it would be a pretty difficult task. The hardest part is trying to make yarn look like what you intended it to be. After a few days of blood, sweat, and tears...





Obviously he doesn't look *exactly* like Woody, but that is OK with me. My son knew who it was right away. He was SO excited to see the finished product. He wanted to play with him before I even attached his arms! I haven't decided if I wanted to list him on Etsy yet. Mainly because I'm not sure I want to make this multiple times. But, we'll see. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment