About Me

My photo
I am a 30 year old stay-at-home mother of two from Michigan. I like to crochet, it relaxes me. I love to make new and different things!
Powered by Blogger.

Hit Counter



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

Monday, April 4, 2011

Amigurumi Doll

Amigurumi (編みぐるみ?, lit. knitted stuffed toy) is the Japanese art of knitting or crocheting small stuffed animals and anthropomorphic creatures. The word is derived from a combination of the Japanese words ami, meaning crocheted or knitted, and nuigurumi, meaning stuffed doll

 

I remember when I first learned how to crochet, I was browsing blogs and scouring the internet for new patterns and inspiration. I looked at a picture of an Amigurumi Doll, and thought it was crazy what some people could make out of yarn! I never thought I'd be able to make them. I should have started with something smaller and easier, like a little bird or something, but for some reason I skipped right to making a doll. You really need to have intermediate skills to make them; especially the hair. I still get frustrated sewing the body parts together, but I've discovered that "practice makes perfect" is true. The more dolls I've made, the better I get. 

This is the newest doll in my collection:


She has brown hair (with a few highlights!) a Cranberry & Sage Green dress with a White slip, and Black shoes.


 Her dress buttons in the back!

  She actually only took me a few days to make. I can't wait to make more! My daughter has requested a Rapunzel doll and a Tinkerbell doll. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment