About Me

My photo
I am a 30 year old stay-at-home mother of two from Michigan. I like to crochet, it relaxes me. I love to make new and different things!
Powered by Blogger.

Hit Counter



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

Monday, September 20, 2010

Ruby Slippers

My favorite creation so far would be my Ruby Slippers. I mostly make beanie hats,  but I wanted to make something else that was easy and fun. I found a pattern I liked and created some baby Mary Janes. They looked like little Pink ballerina shoes. I loved these, and quickly made a few more in different colors. I kept thinking about what little shoes I would want if I were still a little girl, and then it came to me. When I was young, I had a major passion for The Wizard Of Oz. I probably watched that movie five times a day. I was terrified of the Wicked Witch and the flying monkeys, but I loved Dorothy and the Tinman the most. I knew that I wanted to make some ruby slippers. I went to Hobby Lobby and found some sparkly red yarn. They turned out very cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment