About Me

My photo
I am a 30 year old stay-at-home mother of two from Michigan. I like to crochet, it relaxes me. I love to make new and different things!
Powered by Blogger.

Hit Counter



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

Monday, September 27, 2010

Sleepy Owl

Much like the Little Owl  hat, my latest creation is the Sleepy Owl Hat. I thought it would look cute to embroider long eyelashes on the eyes to make it look very sleepy. I can just picture this hat on infants who are fast asleep, without a care in the world. I always make hats using the Double Crochet stitch, but this hat was made with the Half Double Crochet stitch. It turned out a little smaller than I had hoped, but I was still happy with the result. It's easier to embroider on the little details with a smaller stitch. 

I just received a shipment of my first business cards! I thought it would be fun to insert the cards in orders I receive on Etsy, so people can easily find all my information and order more items in the future! I love making these for people. Crocheting is very calming and actually fun. I know, I'm a dork! :) This is the second year of ArtPrize in Grand Rapids, where artists from all over enter their art pieces in a contest. There is art all over the city, everywhere you turn, and people are coming from all over just to see it! I think if I take my kids to look at art, I'll have them wear some of my hats and see if anyone asks about them. My business cards may come in handy!



No comments:

Post a Comment