About Me

My photo
I am a 30 year old stay-at-home mother of two from Michigan. I like to crochet, it relaxes me. I love to make new and different things!
Powered by Blogger.

Hit Counter



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

Monday, September 20, 2010

Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! I am a stay-at-home mother of two. I have always been into Arts & Crafts, but wanted to do something different and fun to pass the time while my kids played and napped. I walked around Hobby Lobby looking for some sort of inspiration. A lot of ideas popped into my head, but I ended up buying a book about Crochet and a crochet hook. I went home and was determined to teach myself this new craft. At first, I couldn't even get the hang of the slip knot. Eventually, I turned to YouTube. I watched so many videos of basic stitches and patterns, and quickly got the hang of it. I also had help from a friend of the family, since my first Granny Square was more like a circle! :)

I sometimes laugh at myself for this new hobby of mine. I never imagined myself sitting in a rocking chair, pushing up my glasses, and crocheting little hats and booties at the age of 28! But, this new hobby of mine is actually very relaxing and fun....and no, I do not sit in a rocking chair. Yet.

My first crochet project was a baby blanket I made for the little boy swimming around in my belly who would soon make his appearance into the world. I guess I could have started smaller, but that wasn't for me. The blanket is cute and soft, but it ended up looking more like a long table runner than a square blanket. I definitely learned some helpful tips along the way! Most of the patterns I use were found on the internet. Some can be found here.

Thanks for stumbling upon my blog! You can find my work at my Etsy shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment