About Me

My photo
I am a 30 year old stay-at-home mother of two from Michigan. I like to crochet, it relaxes me. I love to make new and different things!
Powered by Blogger.

Hit Counter



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Animal Mania: Happy Giraffe Hat




I love making animal hats! Something about making a baby look like a little bear or kitty is just so much fun. :)  I laugh hysterically every time my son Elliot tries on one of my animal hats. He just looks so cute, I can't help it! 

My favorite and definitely most time consuming creation so far is my Happy Giraffe Hat. I wanted to make something out of my leftover yellow yarn, and I couldn't think of anything fun. I'll be honest, yellow is not my favorite color. Not even close. Just when I thought I'd never use that yucky yellow yarn, I was cleaning up Genevieve's toys and stumbled upon her animal puzzle. When I saw the cute yellow cartoon giraffe, I knew what I wanted to make! 

It took me a few hours, but it ended up looking so cute that it was well worth it. Elliot was my model and he looked SO cute in it!





No comments:

Post a Comment