About Me

My photo
I am a 30 year old stay-at-home mother of two from Michigan. I like to crochet, it relaxes me. I love to make new and different things!
Powered by Blogger.

Hit Counter



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Happy Birthday, Boo-Boo Chicken!

My daughter Genevieve is 4 years old today! I can't believe it has been 4 years since she was born. Where does the time go? She went off to Preschool today decked out in her High School Musical sweatshirt, with birthday snacks for her friends & an excitement that I LOVE to see. She gets super excited about simple things, so I know today is really extra special for her. After school, I am going to attempt to bake a Barbie cake. I am not a baker whatsoever, so it should be interesting. Hopefully the YouTube video I watched can get me through it. You really can learn anything from YouTube. :)

Genevieve Ann was born October 27, 2007. I had two different due dates: October 31, and November 5. Apparently the first ultrasound determined that I was further along than expected so they moved it to the 31st. On the 26th, we were at home relaxing and I went to bed a little early because I felt like something was going to happen. I told Don to not stay up late playing video games because he would need sleep. Of course he couldn't sleep...so I went to bed alone. I had a stomachache. Turns out I was in labor! Around midnight I had to use the bathroom, and my water broke. I brushed my teeth & put on some makeup (LOL) and we went to the hospital. The drive there was terrifying. It was foggy & raining. It seemed to last a lifetime. Don parked in the lot & was gone! He ran inside to get me a wheelchair. I was in labor for 13 hours and pushed for 3. I didn't get an epidural until I was dilated to 8cm. (I really should have written a complaint letter about that! LOL) She was having a difficult time, so they had to use the vacuum. I knew what this was from watching A Baby Story on TLC, and I also knew this was NOT going to be fun or pretty! Finally, Genevieve Ann came into this world at 2:51 in the afternoon on the 27th. She was sunny side up, they said. I knew something was wrong because she wasn't crying, but of course no one would answer me when I asked. There were nurses all around her and I couldn't get a good look at her face. It took her a full seven minutes before she cried & could breathe on her own. It was the most beautiful & terrifying moment of my entire life, all wrapped into one. She was the spitting image of Don! She was so cute, even all the nurses and doctors said so. :) I won't explain the gory parts, but let's just say that her birth was very traumatic on my body. But I would go through it all again in a heartbeat. 




Another wonderful memory of her birth was that they allowed me to have many family members in the delivery room. My mom, sister-in-law and brother were all present when Genevieve was born. My brother & I are extremely close, and he is always there in the scary moments of my life. I don't care if it's weird, but I wanted him there. It came in handy when Don was rushing on the counting when I was pushing because he didn't want me to be in pain. Good luck with that, buddy! My brother is a musician, so he took over. It sucked for me, but it was very effective. :) When it was over, a nurse said, "That was the most attentive brother I've ever seen in a delivery room. Actually, that was the ONLY brother I've ever seen in a delivery room." 




Genevieve is a very special little girl. She has an old soul. She wants everyone to feel loved & happy. There is just something about her. I know that she was meant to be in my life. The first time I laid eyes on her, it was love at first sight. It really is true that when you have a baby, you made the decision to have your heart go walking around outside your body. She has so many nicknames, too. Boo-Boo Chicken, Princess, Baby Snake, G-Bird, Pickle, Pumpkin, Monkey... almost all of them are animals of course. :) 


Happy 4th Birthday to my little girl! I love you beyond words. To the moon and back.










No comments:

Post a Comment