About Me

My photo
I am a 30 year old stay-at-home mother of two from Michigan. I like to crochet, it relaxes me. I love to make new and different things!
Powered by Blogger.

Hit Counter



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Lions, and Tigers, and.....Sock Monkeys???

Sock monkeys are all the rage right now. Some day, I want to actually learn how to make them out of socks. But, for now, I crochet them! I have a sock monkey hat on my Etsy page.
I was thinking of all the different baby booties and slippers I could make, and thought about which ones would match some of the hats in my shop. I knew that sock monkey slippers would be pretty popular, so I worked them up pretty quickly. Here was the end result:




There are so many cute sock monkeys you can find on the internet. Some of my favorites are:




The Wonder Woman sock monkey was made by bigREDlips, something I just found on a Google search. I'm not sure about MR. T here, but he is super cool! I also saw a TON of sock monkeys while shopping at my local Horrocks store the other day. I guess it's true, vintage toys are coming back!

No comments:

Post a Comment