About Me

My photo
I am a 30 year old stay-at-home mother of two from Michigan. I like to crochet, it relaxes me. I love to make new and different things!
Powered by Blogger.

Hit Counter



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Sweet Little Dolly

A family member just had a baby girl a month ago. I made her a cute little beanie with matching booties, but I also wanted to include something for the older sister. She is an adorable little redhead, so I thought it would be fun to make a doll that looks like her. It took me about four days to make the doll, but the hair itself took an entire day! I was very happy with how it turned out! It looks JUST like the little girl! 

I made all the parts separately and sewed them together. I used safety eyes because I think it looks better than using buttons. For the hair, I had to put every single piece of yarn in individually. Then to make it curly I just pulled the yarn apart. I've read that you can wrap them around rods and bake them in the oven to make spiral curls, but I didn't know that until I had already attached the hair. My daughter was so sad that this dolly wasn't for her, so I'm sure I'll be making another one soon! 





No comments:

Post a Comment